JoyMoves offers 'classical' pilates
What we mean by 'classical' Pilates is, very simply, the actual exercises Joseph Pilates created, executed in the order he intended them to be done.
In other words, classical Pilates means only the actual exercises that Mr. Pilates created. These exercises have been verified through Joseph Pilates' original students who are referred to in the Pilates community as 'The Elders.'
And why do we stick with what Mr. Pilates created? - because we find that teaching the way Mr. Pilates did truly results in the body and mind coming into balance. Mr. Pilates’ exercises are simple enough, challenging enough and deep enough to practice for a lifetime.
Our Pilates classes
Our Pilates classes are practiced on the Mat, Tower, Reformer and Chair. Sometimes the whole class will be comprised of "Mat/Tower" exercises. Other times, we'll do Reformer followed by Chair ...and so on.
Private and Duet Sessions
Private & duet sessions are the fastest way to progress in Pilates. A certified Pilates trainer will work either one-on-one (in a Private) or two-on-one (in a Duet) for 55-minutes on the full range of equipment, which can include the Reformer, Pilates mat, Tower, Cadillac, Wunda chair, MVe™ chair, Pedi-pull and ladder barrel. The trainer will adjust the intensity of the work to the level appropriate for you. The exercises may also be modified for suitability, as the case may be.
Pilates sessions are also appropriate for both those with special considerations, as well as high-performance athletes practicing Pilates for the cross-training benefit.
Special considerations can include:
- Nerve Disorders i.e. myasthenia gravis, ms, sciatica, neuropathy, carpel tunnel
- Degenerative Spinal Disease i.e. disc herniation, spondylosis, spinalstenosis, spondyloisthesis, osteoporosis
- Respiratory Disorders i.e. pulmonary edema, emphysema
- Structural Imbalances i.e. scoliosis
- Chronic Joint Pain i.e. back, neck, hip, shoulder, ankle
- Autoimmune Disorders i.e. lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis
- Post Surgery i.e. hip and knee replacements
- Trauma i.e. head injuries